WINGS: Supporting the Future of Guardianship in Florida
Florida’s WINGS effort aims to collaboratively map a comprehensive strategy for improved processes and increased effectiveness.
Overarching Goals of Florida’s WINGS Initiative:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the state’s current system of adult guardianship and less restrictive decision-making options.
- Address key policy and practice issues.
- Engage in outreach, education, and training.
- Serve as an on-going problem-solving mechanism to enhance the quality of life of adults in or potentially in the guardianship and alternatives system.
Year 1 (2017 – 2018) Goals:
- Identify stakeholders.
- Develop a strategic plan for guardianship and identify short-term and long-term goals and outcomes.
- Establish a planning process to sustain FL WINGS.